Are you interested in getting involved? The success of a large event such as the Society of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) 2012 Conference depends largely on the support of volunteers. We are looking for enthusiastic and outgoing volunteers to join our conference team. This will be a bilingual conference in true Montreal style - everyone is invited to participate in the official language of their choice. who are willing to engage in a bilingual conference. Volunteers are needed to provide support for a number of areas during the conference: to help with registration, audio-visual support, the introduction of presenters, timekeepers and assisting and providing directions to conference attendees.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to network with a range of interesting academics at an internationally-recognized teaching and learning conference. In addition, you will receive:
- Entrance to all plenaries (Click here for more information)
- Access to conference activities when not on a volunteer shift
- Free meals, snacks, and refreshments during volunteer shifts
- A letter of appreciation from the President of STLHE and the Conference Chair, for your teaching portfolio and/or resume
- Your name entered in a draw for various prizes
- A Volunteer T-shirt
Become part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team made up of dedicated students, faculty, and staff. You’ll have fun - we promise!
To register as a volunteer sign up here. Orientation sessions will be scheduled two weeks prior to the event.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact David Syncox at david.syncox [at] mcgill.ca (with STLHE VOLUNTEER in the subject line).
Help make this event a great success!