What is a Physical Therapist?
A Physical Therapist is a health professional who:
- assists clients to increase or regain mobility after accident, illness, surgery or chronic disease
- uses remedial exercise, manual skills, therapeutic agents and client education to increase strength, endurance and motor function
- works in acute care, rehabilitation, community settings, schools, industry and private practice
- works with a wide variety of clients from newborn infants to the elderly
- assesses and treats individuals with musculo-skeletal, neurological and cardiorespiratory conditions.
- for the inventory of our assessment tools, click here