Positions and Fellowships
Research assistant for power wheelchair simulator project
We are recruiting a graduate student who will participate in a research project related to the use of a computer simulator for the training of power wheelchair skills. This position is based at Jewish Rehabilitation Hospital (Laval), a site of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation (CRIR). The RA will collaborate in the overall management of the research project. Duties will include recruitment of participants for the project, administration of clinical tests and follow-up by phone. The RA will report to Philippe Archambault, OT, PhD.
The RA will:
- Recruit participants (power wheelchair users) for the research project
- Administer clinical evaluations, such as wheelchair driving tests and questionnaires
- Provide initial training to participants on the power wheelchair simulator
- Provide phone follow-ups with participants
- Manage initial data collection and analysis
- Various associate lab duties
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in rehabilitation sciences, health sciences, kinesiology, or other relevant discipline;
- Experience or familiarity with computer software;
- Experience and/or knowledge of the rehabilitation sector;
- Dedicated and organized individual;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
English/French bilingualism is an essential asset.
Timelines and application process
Anticipated start date: August 1st 2013. The position is for two years but renewable based on performance and funding availability.
Work schedule and working hours: The position is on a part time basis of 20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible and can be discussed with the applicant.
Salary: Remuneration rates will be commensurate with experience and according to scales provided by the AMURE collective agreement.
Application process: If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, your curriculum vitae with names of two references, and your transcript to : philippe [dot] archambault [at] mcgill [dot] ca