- Ancelovici, Marc (Marcos)
Research Areas: Political Sociology; Contentious Politics/Social Movements; Labor Politics; Globalization; Sociology of Pierre Bourdieu; Western Europe (primarily France in comparative perspective).
- Benaquisto, Lucia (On Leave)
Research Areas: Social Control and correctional systems; crime and criminal motivation; punishment and prisons; the politics of moral regulation.
- Burgos, Giovani
Research Areas: Race/ethnicity, medical sociology, stratification, quantitative methods.
- Cambrosio, Alberto (Social Studies of Medicine/Sociology)
Research Areas: Sociology of Biomedical Science, Medical Sociology
- Carmichael, Jason (On Sabbatic Leave Jan 1, 2013 – June 30, 2013; Jan 1, 2014 – June 30, 2014)
Research Areas: Criminology, criminal justice, social control, punishment, social movements, political sociology and the sociology of law.
- Clark, Shelley
Research Areas: Social demography; family dynamics; child well-being; HIV/AIDS; adolescent transitions; and life course methods.
- Das, Aniruddha (Bobby)
Research Areas: Medical sociology; aging and life course; biodemography; gender and sex; quantitative methods; social networks; Natural Language Processing.
- Fallon, Kathleen
Research Areas: Collective behavior/Social Movements, Development, Sex and Gender
- Hall, John (James McGill Professor of Sociology)
Research Areas: Political Sociology, Comparative/Historical Sociology, Theory
- Lange, Matthew
Research Areas: Development, Political Sociology, Comparative-Historical Sociology, and Ethnicity
- Le Bourdais, Céline (Canada Research Chair, Social Statistics and Family Change)
Research Areas: Family Change; Conjugal Histories; Fatherhood; Fertility; Work and Family Balance; Longitudinal Analysis; Family Policy.
- Masi, Anthony (Provost)
Research Areas: Labour Force, Demography, Statistics and Computer Applications in Social Research
- Pinard, Maurice (Emeritus)
Research Areas: Social Movements/Contentious Collective Action; Motivational Perspectives in Contentious Politics; Comparative Ethnopolitical Movements; Quebec Independence Movement; Electoral Politics
- Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie (Joint with Epidemiology, Biostatistics & Occupational Health)(On Sabbatic Leave Jan 1, 2013 – June 30, 2013)
Research Areas: Social Demography, Quantitative Methods, Medical Sociology
- Rytina, Steven
Research Areas: Political Sociology, Mathematical Sociology, Stratification
- Shor, Eran
Research Areas: Political Conflict and Human Rights; Terrorism and Counterterrorism; the Sociology of Health; Ethnicity and Nationalism; Determinants of Sexual Attraction; Media Coverage of Women and Ethnic Minorities; Meta-Analysis and Meta-Regression Methods.
- Smith, Michael (James McGill Professor of Sociology and Department Chair)
Research Areas: Social Organization, Economy and Society, Industrial Sociology
- van den Berg, Axel (On Sabbatic Leave September 1, 2012 – August 31, 2013)
Research Areas: Theory, Political Sociology, Work and Labor Markets
- Vang, Zoua
Research Areas: Immigration, race and ethnic relations, residential segregation, neighborhood effects, racial/ethnic health disparities and immigrant health, mixed methods, and social policy
- Weiner, Elaine
Research Areas: Gender, Work, Culture, Citizenship and Political Economy, Development, Family, Sociology Theory, Qualitative Methods, Central and East European Societies.
- Weinfeld, Morton (Director - Canadian Ethnic Studies)
Research Areas: Race/Ethnic/Minority Relations, Education, Immigration/Multiculturalism
- jennifer [dot] fishman [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Jennifer Fishman)
- Catherine [dot] Montgomery [at] ssss [dot] gouv [dot] qc [dot] ca (Catherine Montgomery)