Communication and interpersonal skills
Why is communication important for graduate students?
- Communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Concisely summarize your ideas and research
- Manage a successful relationship with your supervisor and thesis committee
- Lead effective discussions in meetings and tutorial groups
What does SKILLSETS offer?
- Strategies for success in graduate school and building a positive relationship with your supervisor
- Practical tips to improve your public speaking and presentation skills
- Techniques to lead effective small or large group discussions
- An improved ability to translate knowledge to a general audience
- Writing tutorials
- A wide range of communications events to improve your skills and broaden your network