SIS IT RESOURCES
MCGILL IT RESOURCES
MCGILL IT SERVICES
GUIDES & POLICIES
TUTORIALS & VIDEOS
Labs & workstations
- McGill Library. Computer facilities are available in library locations across campus, including the Cyberthèque in the Humanities and Social Science Library in the Redpath Library Bldg.
> McGill Library Computer Workstations
- The SIS Wiki is a collaborative, unofficial SIS community information spot used to host the shared internal School events calendar, knowledge continuity resources for student groups, and more.
- Email Policy. McGill University has instituted a policy that establishes McGill email as an official means of communicating with students to ensure timely and efficient communication. It is your responsibility to ensure that time-critical email sent to your McGill email account is accessed, read and acted upon in a timely fashion. Policy on Email Communication with Students
- Accounts. Students at McGill are given a 300MB mailbox on McGill's central Exchange server and a McGill email address. Read more @ Email for Students.
Software available through McGill
- McGill Software Site: McGill has acquired site licenses for a small number of software applications, making them available to students at no charge. Two applications you may be interested in include antivirus software and bibliographic software. For more information and to download software, please visit the McGill Software site for students.
- McGill Computer Store: Students with a valid McGill ID card can purchase software from the McGill Computer Store, often at discounted educational prices. Only a partial listing is available on their web site, so students are recommended to drop by the store to see what titles are available. If the title you are looking for is not on the shelf, be sure to ask the staff if they can special order it for you.
- Microsoft DreamSpark: Microsoft offers free software to students on their DreamSpark page. You will be required to verify your student status using your McGill log-in.