Professor; Trenholme Dean of Libraries
dean [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)
Abridged Curriculum Vitae
PhD (Higher Education Administration), Texas A&M University
MA (European History), Texas A&M University
MLS (Library Science), University of Texas at Austin
BA (German), University of Texas at Austin
Current administrative & professional activities
- McGill Senate, 2011-
- McGill Senate Committee on Libraries, 2011-
- McGill Learning Management System Executive Steering Committee, 2011
- Audit and Finance Committee of McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2011- (Appointed)
- Working Group on Fair Use of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
- Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL) Committee on Scholarly Communication
- CARL representative on IFLA’s Committee on Copyright and Legal Matters
- Guest Lecturer, GLIS 620 Information Agency Management
- Library assessment
- Service quality and delivery
Selected publications & presentations
C. Cook. (2013). The Evolution of library assessment and its impact. Presented at the Quebec Library Association Annual Conference. Montreal, Quebec.
C. Cook. (2012). Quality Information Evaluation, Criteria Indicators and Methodology. Presented at Conerencia Internacional sobre Bibliotecas Universitarias. Mexico City, Mexico.
C. Cook. New Canadian Perspectives on University Libraries. Co-presenter. OLA Super Conference. Toronto, Ontario.
C. Cook (2012) Trends, Challenges for Research & Academic Libraries. Presented at Congrès des milieu documentaires. Montreal, Quebec.
Thompson, B., Kyrillidou, M., and C. Cook. (2011). “Equating Scores on “Lite” and Long Library User Survey Forms: The LibQUAL+®. In Proceedings of the Northumbria International Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries and Information Services. 8, Florence, Italy, 129-134.
Cook, C., and M. Maciel. (2010). “A Decade of Assessment at a Research-Extensive University Library Using LibQUAL+®.” Research Library Issues: A Bimonthly Report from ARL, CNI, and SPARC, no. 271:4-12.
Potter, W., Cook, C., and M. Kyrillidou. (2010). “ARL Profiles: Qualitative Descriptions of Research Libraries in the Early 21st Century.” Research Library Issues: A Bimonthly Report from ARL, CNI, and SPARC, no. 271:25-32.