For Site Editors
New editors - welcome to our new site. This page walks you through the editing registration & training process & lets you know how the Site Manager can help your group with advanced page options.
Who edits the site?
Student groups edit their pages through a designated Site Editor. General pages not belonging to a particular group (e.g. Home, About, SIS Wiki) are edited by the Site Manager. Student groups: if you are having any trouble editing, contact the Site Manager for assistance.
How do we get Site Editor access?
Groups - after you have selected your site editor, the editor-to-be will:
- Select a WMS 300 course day and time.
- Contact the MLISSA Internet Communications Officer. The ICO will liaise with SIS and IT to get you registered.
What can Site Editors do?
Site Editors have the ability/responsibility to:
- View/edit the content of pages and text for the page areas they have access to.
- Add pictures, thumbnails, and documents to pages.
- Add links to other internal or external sites.
We need more done to our page!
As Site Manager, the MLISSA Internet Communications Officer is granted administrative-level access to the site structure. The Site Manager will work on your behalf to:
- Create, move, and delete pages
- Create and position "blocks" within the site.
- Upload content elements not covered by editor access.
- Manage/modify content elements & their settings.
- Communicate with Content & Collaboration Solutions via SIS administration & the ICS Service Desk to request changes that can only be done by the Web Production Group (e.g. changes to navigational style, top banner image).
- The McGill Web Editors Blog has current tips for creating effective content on your website pages.
- Roles and Positions for the Web Management System: a breakdown of Site Editor and Site Manager roles & permissions (adapted above).
Questions, comments, or requests? Contact the tina [dot] hwang [at] mail [dot] mcgill [dot] ca (2012/13 Site Manager).