SIS Student Life
Welcome to our student-run site for student associations, chapters, and groups at the McGill School of Information Studies.
On this site:
- MLISSA - McGill Library and Information Studies Student Association: helps coordinate student activities and ensures that student concerns are made known to the School, the Faculty of Education and McGill University. Publishes the Beyond the Shelf blog.
- ABQLA - L'Association des bibliothécaires du Québec Library Association Student Chapter: helps SIS students get more connected to the Montréal and Québec library scene, whether for the short term while in school or with a long-term career in mind.
- ACA - Association of Canadian Archivists McGill Student Chapter: seeks to foster awareness, advocacy and professional development within a Canadian archival context.
- ASIS&T - Association for Information Science & Technology McGill Student Chapter: brings together student members to participate in information science programs.
- CLA - Canadian Library Association McGill Student Chapter: helps students become active in the professional library community before graduation, runs mentoring programs, and act as a liaison between our School's students and the Canadian Library Association.
- SLA - McGill Special Libraries Association McGill Student Chapter: made up of students with an interest in corporate information centres, government libraries, etc. or, as they have been called, "special" libraries.
Have a question or suggestion about anything on this page? Need general site assistance? Contact the 2013/14 MLISSA Internet Communications Officer.