What to do if you get a bomb threat?
When a threat is received regarding a bomb in one of our buildings, the following procedure should be followed:
- The person receiving the threat should find out if a definite time has been specified, for instance: in 30 minutes, at 2:30 p.m. etc. and relay the information immediately to Campus Security at 514-398-7777.
- Campus Security will immediately notify SPVM Police, Facilities Management & Administrative Management.
- Campus Security and Facilities* personnel will then proceed immediately to the building in question.
- Campus Security and Facilities* personnel will conduct an interior search of the building, washrooms, trash receptacles etc. for any suspicious package.
- SPVM Police will conduct an exterior perimeter check of the buildings.
- Campus Security and Facilities* personnel may evacuate the building by sounding the fire alarm. The decision to evacuate can be taken only by a member of College Management or Campus Security.
- Everyone present, inside, must immediately comply to evacuate the building. A quick survey of every floor will be made by Campus Security and Facilities personnel to ascertain that no one is left behind or to assist anyone in need.
- The decision to re-enter the building can be taken only by a member of College Management or Campus Security and only after consultation with the SPVM Police.
N.B. Under no circumstances should other people endanger their lives by trying to locate the bomb.
* John Abbott Campus only.