Residence safety tips
How to stay safe on campus
- Keep room doors locked at all times when room is unoccupied or when tenants are asleep.
- Do not lend keys or leave keys where they can be stolen.
- Do not leave valuables in a visible location.
- Identify all personal belongings, including clothes.
- Do not open front door to strangers or non-residence Personnel.
- Question strangers who appear in the building or notify Campus Security immediately.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash, and don't share credit cards or PIN numbers.
- Do not prop doors open.
- Walk with a friend or friends after dark (buddy system), try to walk in well-lit paths and never accept rides from strangers.
- Do not smoke in bed or have open flames in residence rooms.
- Bicycles should be secured with a good locking device.
- Do not leave messages saying no one is home.
- Lock windows if living on the first floor.
- Report emergency maintenance calls to Campus Security at 514-398-7770.
- For all other emergencies, please contact Campus Security at 514-398-7777.