Safes, deposits and money matters
In many respects, cash is the most attractive item for thieves. Please consider the following recommendations carefully:
- Limit access to the cash compartment or safe.
- Keep the keys to the cash in a secure location.
- Lock up cash and take keys with you when leaving the area.
- Memorize the combination to the safe.
- Prevent people from seeing where petty cash is kept when reimbursing expenditures.
- Endorse all cheques "For deposit only to McGill University" immediately upon receipt.
- It is recommended that deposits be made for all money. All money must be secured overnight in a locked compartment.
- Money for deposit should not be held over the weekend.