Safety and crime prevention
For a safe and pleasant work environment
The Campus Security Department would like all members of the campus community to feel safe. We have gathered tips on keeping your own work environment, computers, and money safe, and how to deal with offensive phone calls.
To ensure that the campus community is a safe one, we also offer the following suggestions:
- Try to park in well lit areas. Remember, it may be dark when you return.
- Always lock your car and place all valuables out of sight.
- If you must carry a purse, carry it close to your body with the clasp closed.
- If possible, utilize ATM machines during daylight hours that are located inside commercial establishments.
- Never leave your purse or valuables unattended.
- When returning to your car, be alert to suspicious persons or vehicles in the parking lot.
- Have your keys in hand to avoid any unnecessary delays in entering your vehicle. Lock your doors after entering.
- While driving home, remember to buckle your seat belt and please, don't drink and drive.
Our Campus Security Department strives to keep our community safe and secure but cannot succeed without your help.