- A FIG comprises approximately 25 newly admitted B.Sc. and B.A. & Sc. students.
- Only newly admitted freshman (U0) students can register for a FIG on Minerva.
- FIGs are led by a member of the SOUSA office and an upper-year student.
- The FIGs meets for one hour, normally once every two weeks, during the fall semester only.
- FIGS 196 is a non-credit activity, does not cost anything, and does not appear on your McGill transcript.
- Interact in an informal setting with advisers, guest speakers and other students.
- Explore topics not normally discussed in the regular classroom setting, ranging from careers in Science to the structure of universities.
- Introduce discussion topics of special interest to you.
- Be better informed regarding programs and research opportunities.
- Choosing Academic Programs: myths and facts
- Exchanges and Travel Opportunities
- Research opportunities
- How to study more effectively and time management
- Professional schools
- Careers in Science (and related fields)
- Part time jobs/volunteer work
- Internships and field studies
- Extracurricular activities on campus
Register for one of the sections of FIGS 196 on Minerva.
Please see our frequently asked questions.