Winter 2009-2010: 396 undergraduate research project course listing
Here is the list of projects for the Winter 2010 semester. They are arranged by department, school, or program:
- Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Computer Science
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Redpath Museum
Anatomy and Cell Biology
- ANAT 396: Prof. S. Ali. Role of ANP proteins in prolactin hormone signaling.
- ANAT 396: Prof. M. Basik. Genomic analysis of breast cancer in young women
- ANAT 396: Prof. M. Basik. Understanding and overcoming resistance to breast cancer therapies
- ANAT 396: Prof. M. Burnier. The effect of blue light exposure and use of intraocular lenses on human uveal melanoma cell lines.
- ANAT 396: Prof. E.C. Davis. Proteoglygan expression and distribution in the elastin-null mouse aorta.
- ANAT 396: Profs. B. Fernandes + M. Burnier. Interaction of NCoR with SIRT1 during retinal development.
- ANAT 396: Prof. D. Hipfner. A cell-culture-based screen for regulators of Moesin phosphorylation.
- ANAT 396: Prof. M. Horb. Xenopus pancreas development.
- ANAT 396: Prof. T. Kennedy. Characterizing Axon Guidance Receptor Trafficking and Function
- ANAT 396: Prof. T. Kennedy. Mechanisms regulating oligodendrocyte survival
- ANAT 396: Prof. S. Komarova. Role of Chemokine Receptors, CCR7 and CCRL1 in Cancer Cell Migration and Metastasis
- ANAT 396: Prof. M. Nagano. Induction of differentiation in spermatogonial stem cells by retinoic acid
- ANAT 396: Prof. A. Ryan. Characterization of a novel Pitx2c antibody.
- ANAT 396: Prof. A. Ryan. Analysis of claudin-10 isoforms in the chick gastrula.
- ANAT 396: Prof. M. Szyf. Epigenetic Changes in Spermophilus tridecemlineatus during Hibernation in the liver and muscle.
- ANAT 396: Prof. J. Tchervenkov. Primary Hepatocellular carcinoma and predictors of recurrence after liver transplantation.
- BIOC 396: Prof. N. Beauchemin. Role of CEACAM1 in melanoma development.
- BIOC 396: Prof. J. Dostie. In vivo 3D modeling of the mouse HoxA cluster.
- BIOC 396: Prof. I. Gallouzi. Posttranslation regulation during muscle fiber formation.
- BIOC 396: Prof. K. Gehring. Structural studies of ubiquitin ligases.
- BIOC 396: Profs. I. Gupta & M. Bouchard. Genetic Mouse Models of Vesicoureteric Reflux.
- BIOC 396: Prof. N. Sonenberg. Effect of microRNA binding sites on deadenylation efficiency.
- BIOC 396: Prof. J. St-Pierre. Mitochondrial metabolism in breast cancer.
- BIOL 396: Prof. R. Carroll. Determination of skeletal anatomy of Jurassic salamander, establish phylogenetic position.
- BIOL 396: Prof. H. Clarke. Copy number variation of highly repeated sequences among germ cells.
- BIOL 396: Prof. D. Dankort. Development and use of novel recombinase reporters.
- CHEM 396: Prof. B. Arndtsen. Generation of Anionic Palladium Catalysts.
- CHEM 396: Prof. G. Cosa. Single Molecule Fluorescence Studies on Protein-DNA Interactions.
- CHEM 396: Prof. T. van de Ven. Stability of biodegradable block copolymers
Earth and Planetary Sciences
- EPSC 396: Prof. J. Stix. Determining magmatic conditions at Coseguina volcano, Nicaragua
- EPSC 396: Prof. B. Wing. Experimental evolution of the sulfate-reducing bacteria Desulfovibrio Vulgaris.
- EPSC 396: Prof. B. Wing. Quantitative assessment of hypotheses for the cessation of Banded Iron Formation deposition.
- GEOG 396: Prof. G. Chmura. Root production and marsh sustainability
- GEOG 396: Prof. G. Chmura. Charcoal and ancient fire histories.
Mathematics and Statistics
Microbiology and Immunology
- MIMM 396: Prof. M. Olivier. Identification of HIV-related biomarkers in the serum of patients infected with various severity of HIV and non-HIV-infected patients.
- MIMM 396: Prof. M. Reed. Genetic variation amongst major Mycobacterium tuberculosis lineages
- MIMM 396: Prof. S. Tran. Sequence- and function-based metagenomic analysis of oral biofilms in children at risk of developing obesity.
- MIMM 397: Prof. S. Fournier. Characterization of CD8+ T cell hybridomas derived from the CNS.
- MIMM 397: Prof. R. Murgita. Active site localization of AFP.
- MIMM 397: Prof. M. Olivier. Effect of Hemozoin-binding proteins on innate immunity.
- NSCI 396: Prof. D. Boivin. Variation of sleep & melatonin across the menstrual cycle in women with prementrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
- NSCI 396: Prof. N. Mechawar. The effects of neuregulins on neurogenesis in the adult brain.
- NSCI 396: Prof. R. Schirrmacher. Novel Technique for Synthesis of 18F-flumazenil.
- PHGY 396: Prof. E. Cook. Predictive encoding model of neural signaling
- PHGY 396: Prof. R. Farookhi. Modeling of early follicular development using cellular automata
- PHGY 396: Prof. J. Martinez-Trujillo. Cognitive Neurophysiology
- PHGY 396: Prof. J. Martinez-Trujillo. Reference Frames for target selection and attention to visual targets
- PHGY 396: Prof. C. Pack. Development of spike sorting algorithms
- PHGY 396: Prof. U. Stochaj. The effect of oxidative stress on intracellular protein transport
- PHGY 396: Prof. U. Stochaj. Nuclear transport of chaperones
- PHGY 396: Prof. J. White. Regulation of chemokine gene expression by vitamin D