OUCH! - The science of pain from onset to relief.
Mini-Science 2012, presented by leading McGill scientists, starts with 'Dr. Joe' on the chemistry of pain, and the lecture series covers many major aspects of pain science, from molecular and neural pathways to the psychological modulation of pain. This series of lectures by McGill's top pain experts bridges our understanding of how numerous factors such as environment, genetics, gender, age and lifestyle are related to pain. Registration is now closed.
No science background is required. There is no homework and no exam.
This Mini-Science series is made possible through the generous support of Dr. Lorne Trottier.
Time and location:
- Wednesday evenings, March 28 to May 9, 2012
- 6:00 PM - Registration and refreshments
- 6:30 - 8:00 PM - Lecture
- Otto Maass Building, 801 Sherbrooke Street West. Ground floor. [map]
- $114.97 for the series ($100 + GST/PST)
- $68.98 for students and seniors ($60 + GST/PST)
- No refunds after March 16, 2012.
- Registration is now closed.
- Indoor parking available in the Bronfman Building [map] for $7 per session (payable by credit card at exit).
- A limited number of outdoor parking spaces are available for $7 per session (payable in cash at exit) east of the James Administration Building [map] after 5pm. The outdoor parking is accessible via the Milton and University Street entrance and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Lectures will be presented in English mais nous vous invitons à poser vos questions en français.
- mini [dot] science [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Send us an email) or
- Phone us at 514-398-8886