The Science of Music
Learn from top scientists about
- Chemistry and sound
- Music and the brain
- Music in nature
- Infectious diseases and music
Mini-Science is a unique seven-week public lecture series organized by the Faculty of Science. The series starts with an introduction on how our brains learn music and concludes with a look at microbes and music. Mini-Science will take place over seven consecutive Wednesday evenings, from February 26 to April 9.
This Mini-Science series is made possible through the generous support of Dr. Lorne Trottier.
Space is limited. Registration is now closed.
Time and location:
- Seven consecutive Wednesday evenings, from February 26 to April 9, 2014
- 6:00 PM — Registration and refreshments
- 6:30 to 8:00 PM — Lecture with Q&A
- Room 151, Ground floor of Bronfman Building. 1001 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal. [map]
- $114.97 for the series (includes all taxes).
- $68.98 for students and seniors (includes all taxes).
- Registration is now closed. [You can register online (pay by credit card) or by mail (pay by cheque).]
- No refunds after February 18, 2014.
- Underground parking available in Bronfman Garage [map] accessible from the lanes off Peel and McTavish Streets, just north of Sherbrooke Street. There is no elevator access to the garage but there is a staircase leading up to the ground floor of the Bronfman Building. There is a pay station machine in the garage which accepts cash or credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) for parking. There is also a machine at the exit which accepts credit card payment. A customer must press the green button on the entry terminal inside the garage to get an entry ticket and pay for this when leaving at either the pay station or exit terminal. Please note that the exit terminal does not issue a receipt.
- Lectures will be presented in English mais nous vous invitons à poser vos questions en français.
- mini [dot] science [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Send us an email) or
- Phone us at 514-398-8886