Submitting an Application
Once you have identified a potential funding source, below is a checklist to ensure on-time submission.
- Determine the deadlines for both the application AND the McGill Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)'s internal deadline.
Keep in mind that some agencies have a postmarked deadline, while others have a due date whereby the application must be received at the agency. If you are unsure, contact the OSR.
- Consult the agency website and read any guidelines or program descriptions provided.
These guides are normally updated every year, and are generally available on the organizations' websites. Please contact the appropriate OSR officer with any questions you may have.
- Double-check to see if one of the following is required:
- Letter of Intent (LOI) or
- Pre-proposal or
- Online registration deadline requirement.
This requirement is mandatory for many agencies. Please contact an OSR officer for details.
- If applicable, use any online forms provided.
- Use the following resources to help you complete your grant, industry sponsorship, or CRC:
- Complete and sign the OSR Checklist.
OSR Checklist [.pdf]
- Check required ethics and regulatory documents. Please see Ethics and compliance.
- Have your application reviewed and signed.
Visit the OSR
- Submit your application (regular mail, e-submission, email)
Many granting agencies receive applications by email or through an online submission process. If you need help or have questions about how to submit electronically, contact the OSR.