DARWIN Animal Care and Use Software
- To REQUEST ACCESS TO DARWIN, please use the ON-LINE WEB FORM.
- Consult the MANUALS and VIDEOS or see if a training session is planned. or the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) & Troubleshooting Tips reference resources.
- For instructions about submitting an AMENDMENT to a protocol in Darwin, click here.
- If unable to FIND AN ANSWER to your question or if you need to REPORT AN ISSUE, please contact darwin [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Darwin Support).
- !!!NEW!!! Screenshots of examples of the animal protocol sections and tips are now available here.
Darwin is an on-line Animal Use Protocol and animal facility management software powered by eSirius. It is used by researchers, Committee members, animal facility staff, veterinarians and administrators at McGill University and Research Institutes of Affiliated Hospitals. Submissions and approvals are now fully electronic and centralized.
Roll out (go live) timeline was:
- Douglas FACC – October 20 2011
- JGH FACC – November 15 2011
- MGH FACC – December 22 2011
- MCH FACC – January 18 2012
- RVH FACC – February 10 2012
- MNI FACC – February 28 2012
- Macdonald FACC – March 14 2012
- Downtown A FACC – April 16 2012
- Downtown B FACC – May 9 2012
- Shriners FACC – May 16 2012
The acquisition was the result of a comprehensive evaluation and selection process in which many investigators, committee members, animal facility managers, veterinarians, animal health technicians, administrators and information technology experts participated.