FACILITY ANIMAL CARE COMMITTEES (FACCs)
The principal investigator must submit the protocol to the animal committee of the institution/ faculty/ hospital with which he/she is affiliated with. The PI's profile in the animal protocol on-line software Darwin will automatically be set up to submit to the appropriate committee.
For Faculty of Medicine, Science, Dentistry and Engineering. All protocols are to be received 11 days before the meeting date via the Darwin on-line software. Note that Annual Reviews (short renewals) and amendments do not wait for a meeting unless otherwise flagged.
Coordinator of the Facility Animal Care Committee: animalethics.review [at] mcgill.ca (Email).
Meetings of Downtown Committee A (Cell biology and tumour type protocols): are usually on the last Tuesday of each month except in the summer.
- Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2018, at 1pm (Deadline for submission: Fri. Jan. 19)
- Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2018, at 1pm (Deadline for submission: Fri. Feb. 16)
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018, at 1pm (Deadline for submission: Fri. March 16)
Meetings of Downtown Committee B (Behaviour, physiology and non-human primate type protocols) : are usually on the first Tuesday of each month except in the summer.
- <<< No meeting in January >>>
- Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018, at 1pm (Deadline for submission Fri. Jan. 26)
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018, at 1pm (Deadline for submission Fri. Feb. 23)
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018, at 1pm (Deadline for submission Fri. March 23)
For Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and Field Type Studies. Meetings are usually the first Wednesday of each month.
- Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018, 1 pm
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 1 pm
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 1 pm
Douglas Mental Health University Institute
Meetings are every one or two months, usually on the 2nd Friday of the month.
SMBD Jewish General Hospital, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Meetings are 4 to 6 times a year, usually on the 1st Friday of the month.
Montreal Neurological Institute
Please consult the MNI ACC Website for MNI ACC meetings and AUP submission information. Meetings are usually on every 3rd Wednesday of the month.
MUHC Research Institute - Glen site
Was Montreal Children's Hospital and Royal Victoria Hospital/Meakins-Christie Laboratories sites prior to December 1 2014. Meetings are usually on the 2nd Tuesday of every month except August and maybe January.
MUHC Research Institute - Montreal General Hospital site
Meetings are once a month, usually the 1st Thursday of the month.
Shriners Hospital for Children
Meetings are usually every 3-4 months.
Animal Ethics Subcommittee
Meetings are every month or two, usually on the 3rd Thursday of every month.
University Animal Care Committee (UACC)
Meetings are 2 to 4 times a year.