Ten Stories (and more) will bring McGill faculty members from the Desautels Faculty of Management, the Faculty of Arts, and the Schulich School of Music together with industry pioneers in the fields of creativity and commerce. The presenters will be joined by faculty members, staff, students, artists, people in business and government, and members of the public.
An evening of narrative play, intellectual work, and collective thinking (and food!), Ten Stories (and more) will be anchored by the stories told by the ten invited presenters. The stories will not propound general theories about markets and social creativity, but will cross boundaries, spark ideas, raise questions, and initiate original thinking.
- Nancy Adler, S. Bronfman Chair in Management
- Darin Barney, Canada Research Chair in Technology and Citizenship
- Tyrone Benskin, MP for Jeanne-Le Ber and former Director, Black Theatre Workshop
- Bettina Forget, Artist and Owner/Director, Visual Voice Gallery
- David Brackett, Associate Professor and Area Chair, Music History
- Henry Mintzberg, John Cleghorn Professor of Management Studies (Strategy and Organization)
- Tom Mole, Associate Professor and William Dawson Scholar, Department of English
- Roger Parent, President, Réalisations
- Jui Ramaprasad, Associate Professor, Desautels Faculty of Management
- Roy Surette, Artistic Director, Centaur Theatre
Ten Stories (and more) about Markets, Creativity and Transformative Possibilities
Thursday, April 11, 2013
5 – 8 p.m.
McGill Faculty Club
3450 McTavish Street
Admission is free. People interested in participating are asked to sign-up online in advance for reasons of space and planning.
The Institute for the Public Life of Arts and Ideas and the Marcel Desautels Institute for Integrated Management thank Research and International Relations for its support of this event.