Invitation from the Office of Sponsored Research
SSHRC Partnership Development Grants Information Session
The Office of Sponsored Research is pleased to invite McGill researchers and administrators to
an information session on the upcoming SSHRC Partnership Development Grants competition.
Friday, October 18, 2013
10:00 – 11:30 am
James Administration Building, Room 303
The workshop will include:
- a brief presentation about the requirements of the Partnership Development Grants by Grants Officer Melissa Li;
- presentations by two McGill researchers with experience as committee members and/or grant awardees in the Partnership Development Grants competition. They will provide potential applicants with insider information about the peer-review system and/or strategies for preparing a successful proposal:
Ø Professor Aaron Sprecher (School of Architecture) and
Ø Professor Nathan Hall (Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology)
- a question and answer period where participants will be encouraged to pose any questions that they may have about this funding opportunity.
For participants who may not feel comfortable asking a question during the session or might not be able to attend the workshop, please send your questions in advance to melissa.w.li [at] mcgill.ca (Melissa Li).
The internal guide prepared by the Office of Sponsored Research will be distributed at the workshop.
Refreshments will be served.
Please R.S.V.P. to vera.milbradt [at] mcgill.ca by Thursday, October 10.
The workshop may be cancelled if attendance is not sufficient.
Partnership Development Grants provide support, up to $200,000 over one to three years, for new or existing partnerships to:
- develop research and related activities in the social sciences and humanities, including knowledge mobilization and the meaningful involvement of students and new scholars; or
- design and test new partnership approaches for research and/or related activities that may result in best practices or models that either can be adapted by others or have the potential to be scaled up to a regional, national or international level.
SSHRC deadline: Monday, December 2nd, 2013 | 8:00 pm EST
OSR optional internal review deadline: Tuesday, November 19th, 2013|10:00 am EST
OSR mandatory checklist deadline : Friday, November 29th, 2013|10:00 am EST