Invitation – OSR Information Session
FRQNT’s New University Researchers Start-Up Program
"Établissement de nouveaux chercheurs universitaires"
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: James Administration, Room 301 (845 Sherbrooke St. W.)
Guest Speakers: Professors Lilian Childress and François Barthelat
Please RSVP to jennifer [dot] callaghan [at] mcgill [dot] ca (jennifer [dot] callaghan [at] mcgill [dot] ca) by Friday August 8
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is pleased to invite McGill faculty members and administrators to an information session on FRQNT’s New University Researchers Start-Up Program. The purpose of this program is to assist new researchers who have just launched their careers to become established as independent researchers and to become competitive nationally and internationally.
New Researchers in natural sciences, mathematical sciences and engineering who are planning to apply to the upcoming FRQNT New University Researchers competition (2015-2016) are encouraged to attend this information session.
The session will include:
1. Brief presentation of the objectives and requirements of the New University Researchers Start-Up Grants by Carole Goutorbe, Senior Grants Officer
2. Presentations of McGill researchers with experience as committee members and/or grant awardees under this program. They will provide potential applicants with insider information about the peer-review system and/or strategies for creating successful proposals:
- Professor Lilian Childress, Physics
- Professor François Barthelat, Mechanical Engineering
3. Question & answer period. For those who wish, questions may be sent in advance to carole [dot] goutorbe [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Carole Goutorbe)
OSR will provide an internal guide for preparing applications to this funding opportunity, which will be distributed after the workshop.
FRQNT deadline: September 17, 2014 | 4:00 p.m.
OSR internal deadline: August 25, 2014 | 10:00 a.m.