Application procedures & deadlines
Note: Owning to McGill University's implementation of a comprehensive online application system, paper applications to the B. Th. Program can no longer be accepted. All applications must apply online.
The online application process should take about 20 minutes and a credit card is required for payment of the application fee. Once completed, the online application form may be printed for your own records.
- Transcript(s) of all previous post-secondary academic work. Applicants to the B.Th. Program as a first degree must submit high school and/or CEGEP transcripts.
- Copies of your unofficial transcript(s) can be uploaded to complete your application.
- Official transcript(s) are required only if you are admitted, and must be mailed directly from the institution to the mailing address below.
- Personal Statement, according to the directions in the application. Please download and use the Personal Statement Form.
- Two letters of recommendation including at least one from an instructor in an academic institution previously attended.
After your application has been received, you will be given access to your Minerva account. Using Minerva, you will be able to upload your unofficial transcripts and personal statement to complete your application. You can find full instructions on how to prepare, upload, and submit relevant documents on the Applying to Undergraduate Studies website.
If you are applying for admission to one of the theological colleges, another complete set of these required documents must also be sent to the college concerned.
Please note that your file will not be considered by the Admissions Committee until all the required documents have been received.
Applicants to the B.Th. Program may be accepted into the Fall, Winter or Summer Term. The on-line application deadlines are listed below.
May 1st for September Admission (Canadian and International applicants)
June 15th for September Admission (College affiliated applicants only)
September 15th for January Admission (International applicants)
November 1st for January Admission (Canadian applicants)
March 1st for May Admission (Canadian and International applicants)
Please note that all required documents listed above must be received by the Faculty of Religious Studies prior to these deadlines in order for the applicant to be considered by the Admissions Committee.
Drop-off, courier and mailing address
Bachelor of Theology Program
3415 McTavish Street, Room MS 13
Montreal, Quebec H3A OC8 Canada