Note: Owning to McGill University's implementation of a comprehensive online application system, paper applications to the B.Th. Program can no longer be accepted. All applicants must apply online.
The online application process should take about 20 minutes and a credit card is required for payment of the application fee. Once completed, the online application form may be printed for your own records.
The B.Th. program has three points of entry:
1. To enter the 120-credit degree program from outside Quebec, the applicant must hold a high school diploma, unless you qualify as a mature student. A maximum of 60 credits from another institution of higher learning can be considered for transfer into the 120-credit program.
2. To enter the 90-credit first-degree program, the applicant is expected to have completed the Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) of a Quebec CEGEP with a minimum average Cote R of 24, or the equivalent elsewhere. A maximum of 30 credits from another institution of higher learning can be considered for transfer into this program.
3. To enter the 60-credit program, the applicant must have completed a Bachelor of Arts or other Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.7 (B-). No credits can be transferred from another institution of higher learning into the 60-credit program.
Any McGill student in good standing, with a minimum of 30 credits, may apply for transfer from their current degree program into the B.Th. program. B.Th. students entering the 120- or 90-credit programs are free to pursue Minors in other departments, schools, or faculties, in consultation with their B.Th. adviser(s).
The B.Th. program extends over three academic years of full time studies for those admitted with a Diploma of Collegial Studies and over two academic years for those admitted with a Bachelor's degree. For all other students the program requires four years. The normal load consists of five 3-credits courses (15 credits) each term.
- Transcript(s) of all previous post-secondary academic work. Applicants to the B.Th. Program as a first degree must submit high school and/or CEGEP transcripts.
- Copies of your unofficial transcript(s) can be uploaded to complete your application.
- Official transcript(s) are required only if you are admitted, and must be mailed directly from the institution to the mailing address below.
- Personal Statement, according to the directions in the application. Please download and use the Personal Statement Form.
- Two letters of recommendation including at least one from an instructor in an academic institution previously attended.
After your application has been received, you will be given access to your Minerva account. Using Minerva, you will be able to upload your unofficial transcripts and personal statement to complete your application. You can find full instructions on how to prepare, upload, and submit relevant documents on the Applying to Undergraduate Studies website.
If you are applying for admission to one of the theological colleges, another complete set of these required documents must also be sent to the college concerned.
Please note that your file will not be considered by the Admissions Committee until all the required documents have been received.
Applicants to the B.Th. Program may be accepted into the Fall, Winter or Summer Term. The application deadlines are listed below.
January 15th (U.S & International high schools)
February 1st (Canadian high schools)
March 1st (Quebec CEGEP)
May 1st (Transfer, Second degree, Special or Visiting)
College affiliated applicants may be considered for admission to the fall term after the May 1st deadline upon recommendation of the affiliated college. Please contact the college of your affiliation for more information.
Please note that CEGEP applicants must apply by March 1st and High School applicants must apply by January 15th to be considered for Entrance Scholarships. You can find more information about Entrance Scholarship on Scholarship and Student Aid Office website.
Please note that the application for the Winter term will open on September 25th
November 1st for January Admission (Canadian and International applicants)
Please note that all required documents listed above must be received by the School of Religious Studies prior to these deadlines in order for the applicant to be considered by the Admissions Committee.
Drop-off, courier and mailing address
Bachelor of Theology Program
3415 McTavish Street, Room MS 13
Montreal, Quebec H3A OC8 Canada