The Redpath Museum is pleased to announce a new award for undergraduate students:
Redpath Museum Excellence (REDME) Award
Established in 2013 by the Redpath Museum to a graduating B.Sc. or B.A. student in the Minor Natural History program who has demonstrated a combination of outstanding leadership qualities, service and academic standing. The REDME Award will be given by the Faculty of Science Scholarships Committee on the recommendation of the Director of the Redpath Museum. Nominations and eligible students must apply to the Redpath MuseumCurriculum Committee, c/o David Green, by January 31 of their graduating year.
Value: value varies ($200 minimum)
• Student(s) must be in their graduating year.
• Student(s) must be enrolled in the Minor Natural History (Faculty of Science).
1. Applicant must submit a proposal and CV which demonstrates involvement in Museum-related community service and leadership activities, such as participation in the Redpath Museum’s educational program and/or volunteer service in the McGill Science Outreach program, and/or involvement with museum-based research activities and projects.
2. Applicant must submit an academic transcript which demonstrates high academic achievement.
3. Applicant must submit one letter of reference from a McGill staff or faculty member that affirms the content of the student’s proposal.
Please send the following items in a PDF document to david [dot] green [at] mcgill [dot] ca:
1. Student’s proposal and CV.
2. Unofficial transcript.
3. Letter of reference.
Application deadline: January 31, 2014.
Announcement: Spring convocation.
IMAGE: Urbansketchers, 2012.