The QI Vision
Live, learn, work, play and innovate!
The QI is a â€śliving laboratoryâ€ť located Montreal's historic South West district. The QI seeks to increase collaborations and partnerships with local actors. The QI district offers students, researchers and professors opportunities to explore solutions to expressed-needs, with the goal of improving the quality of life for the community. Its mission is to create, around knowledge institutions, favourable conditions for establishing an urban district of the highest quality, based on international standards, which brings together a creative and engaged community with the purpose of driving the development of an innovative and entrepreneurial culture that balances four pillars: Industrial, Education and Research, Social and Cultural, and Urban. The QI does so based on a series of fundemental values, such as inclusion, sustainability, openess, leadership, transparency and respect, which inform its daily operations, ongoing projects and multiple cross-collaborations.
The QI goals are to:
- Provide broad promotion and support of innovation
- Accelerate the development of technological, social, and cultural organizations
- Promote the development of innovative initiatives that highlight the expertise of our partners and institutions
- Create bridges and opportunities in order to increase the exchanges involving the QIâ€™s four pillars
The QI vision is to become a global reference in innovation by being:
- A hub of mobilization for academic institutions as well as industrial, social, and cultural actors
- An â€śecosystemâ€ť that encourages social, cultural, and technological innovation
- A model of sustainable development
- A catalyst for the growth of entrepreneurs, SMEs, cultural, and social organizations
For more on the Quartier de l'innovation, click here.