RUIS Mental Health
Message from the President of the RUIS Mental Health Subcommittee, Dr. Mimi Israël:
Creating an integrated network capable of ensuring optimal mental health care delivery to over 1.7 million members of Quebec’s population is a daunting challenge. To accomplish this task, RUIS McGill mandated the creation of a Mental Health Subcommittee. The RUIS McGill Mental Health Subcommittee brings together interdisciplinary leaders from McGill’s affiliated teaching hospitals as well as representatives from some of our regional partners. To realize our mandate, we also created seven RUIS McGill specialized programs: Great North Mental Health, Addictions, Affective Disorders, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, Eating Disorders, Psychosis, and Personality Disorders. These programs bring together experts from different McGill sites around the goals of coordinating clinical, knowledge transfer, and research activities and outreach efforts in their fields.
Our goal is to create an interdisciplinary community of practice that not only ensures access to specialized services to all regions within RUIS McGill but that also enhances mental health care delivery at all levels of the treatment hierarchy through knowledge transfer and meaningful collaborations. With teamwork, dedication, and creativity, we strive to achieve our mission.
We welcome your visit to our website and invite you to learn more about our work and to find useful information and links with our network of partners.
RUIS Sub-Committee Mandate:
To operationalize the tripartite mission of offering cutting-edge clinical services, knowledge creation, and knowledge transfer within a framework that assumes social responsibility for the optimization of mental health care to the population served by RUIS McGill and that capitalizes on interdisciplinary and inter-institutional collaboration within our network.
- Develop and support tertiary care programs that respond to the needs of partners.
- Optimize continuity of care between hierarchical levels of service.
- Assume leadership, in collaboration with institutional and community partners, in the creation of functional, integrated mental health care delivery networks.
- Facilitate access to specialized care, teaching, and training.
- Develop tools that optimize knowledge transfer.
- Develop a culture of knowledge creation and the integration of research into clinical and teaching activities.
- Promote a culture of reflective practice and ongoing quality assurance.