Department of Psychiatry Graduate Student awards:
Leyton Addiction Research Prize
- A prize of $1,000.00 awarded annually to the student who has published the best addiction-related paper each year.
- Annual application deadline is March 15th. Please see the News section of the Department of Psychiatry's website in mid-February for detailed announcement and application details.
- a first author on a drug or alcohol addiction-related paper either published or in press between March 16, 2011 and March 15, 2012 (dates adjusted each year)
- conducted the research with a faculty member in McGill University’s Department of Psychiatry, and
- a McGill undergraduate, graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, or resident when conducting the research.
Marion Birmingham/Trevor Dennis Student Research Day Prize
- For the top presentation by a student in the Department of Psychiatry ($1,000)
The Child and Youth Psychiatry Award ($500)
- For the top presentation at Student Research Day on disorders that affect young people by a student supervised by a faculty member whose primary position is within the Department of Psychiatry.
Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and allocation to the Faculty of Medicine:
Graduate Excellence Fellowship in Mental Health Research
- About: These one-time awards are meant to recognize the excellence of graduate students in psychiatry, and to help offset the costs of student stipends provided by the supervisors
- Eligibility: MSc and PhD students in good standing (registration, progress, tracking, etc.) Students holding an external fellowship are not eligible.
- Amount: $10,000
- Application: Complete the application form and submit together with the required documents, as instructed on the form to graduate.psychiatry [at] mcgill.ca
- Deadline: September 30, 17:00. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Results: Announced in November
Faculty of Medicine Internal Studentship
- Value $10,000 for MSc students, $12,000 for PhD students for one year
- By application
Differential Fee Waiver
- A differential fee waiver is offered to international students reigstered in the Graduate Program in Psychiatry. Specifically, the differential between international and Quebec fees is covered for M.Sc. students during their first year and Ph.D. students during their first two years in the program.
GREAT: Graduate Research Enhancement and Travel Awards
- Limited number per university fiscal year
- By application to the Graduate Program Director
- For conference or research consultation travel
- GREAT Award Application Form
Richard C. Paterson Graduate Research Awards
- In support of graduate research in suicide prevention and treatment in the Faculty of Medicine
- Value to be announced
- By nomination
- Allocated to the departments on a rotating basis
- By nomination
- Announced throughout the year
External Agency Fellowships
Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
Faculty of Medicine Research & Graduate Studies Office
- Funding opportunities available through various Affiliated Hospitals