Centre on Population Dynamics
The Centre on Population Dynamics was founded by Shelley Clark (Director), Céline Le Bourdais and Amélie Quesnel-Vallée and approved by the McGill University’s Board of Governors on May 1, 2012. The CPD has resulted from a collaboration between three main departments in two faculties (Sociology and Economics in the Faculty of Arts and Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health in the Faculty of Medicine). Within the broader area of population dynamics, the Centre focuses on five main research axes:
- Family Dynamics;
- Social and Economic Determinants of Health;
- Education, Skill Acquisition, and Labour;
- Aging over the life course.
These research axes are united by three overarching themes:
- Applied Quantitative Methods
- Life Course Perspectives;
- Global in scope, covering both developed and developing countries.