Undergraduate Student Information
McGill University offers a unique opportunity to pursue undergraduate studies in Political Science at one of the oldest and prestigious universities in Canada.
- Information on Political Science Major and Minor Programs is available here.
- A general list of Political Science Courses categorized by field is available here.
- Political Science course descriptions and syllabi are available here.
- POLI 490, 499 and 599 forms are available here.
- Political Science Undergraduate Program Audit forms, as well as Degree Audit forms that will assist you in planning your B.A., are available here.
- Political Science pamphlets containing information such as details about the various fields in Political Science, career opportunities, graduate studies, general tips on applying to law schools, political science essay writing guidelines, and the various fields of research of our professors can be found here.
- Click here to connect to the MINERVA Class Schedule.
- For instructions on registering and adding/dropping courses click here.
- Click here for instructions on Wait Listing for courses.
- To view important upcoming dates related to registration, course withdrawal, first and last days of lectures, examinations, graduation, etc. click here.
- The Undergraduate Program Calendar for current and previous years can be viewed here.
- A list of useful websites for Political Science and Faculty of Arts Policies and Procedures can be found here.
Political Science Undergraduate Advising Schedule for the current semester:
Career Information for students with an Undergraduate Degree in Political Science:
Arts OASIS (Office of Advising and Student Information Services):
The Arts OASIS website provides Arts students with general academic information and advice about issues such as faculty and degree requirements, registration issues, inter-faculty transfer, study away, academic standing, or graduation. In addition to advising students about such issues, either by appointment or on a daily drop-in basis, the Arts OASIS Faculty advisers offer a number of information sessions every term, such as degree planning workshops, study away workshops, and freshman information sessions. For more information, please click here.
Service Point has brought together integrated front-line Undergraduate and Graduate student administrative services. Located on the ground floor of the McLennan Library Building, Service Point will address a wide variety of students' needs. Click here for more information about Service Point and the variety of services they offer.
Studying at another university is an opportunity which can enrich your undergraduate education and provide you with a chance for personal growth. A term or year abroad takes planning. Many of your questions concerning the Study Away/Exchange will be answered here.
Arts Internship Office
The Faculty of Arts Internship Office assists undergraduate and graduate students who wish to pursue short-term internship opportunities (8 to 12 weeks) before completing their studies. For more information about internships please click here.