Associate Professor, Department of Political Science
PhD, University of Toronto
International political theory; ancient and contemporary philosophical contributions to the study of international relations and global governance; humanitarianism; intervention and the use of force in world politics; conceptions of justice and reconciliation; cosmopolitanism and its critics; structural injustice and colonial international order; and literature and philosophy.
- Co-Convenor of Standing Group on International Political Theory of the European Consortium for Political Research, re-elected 2016. For more information: http://ecpr.eu/StandingGroups/StandingGroupHome.aspx?ID=13
- Editorial Board, Journal of International Political Theory (Sage), since 2008. For more information: http://ipt.sagepub.com/
- Editorial Board, Journal of Political Philosophy (Wiley-Blackwell), since January 2017. For more information: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9760
- Editorial Board, Politics, Groups, and Identities (Taylor and Francis), since January 2017. For more information: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rpgi20/current
Research positions at McGill
- Coordinator, Research Group on Global Justice (RGGJ), of the Yan P. Lin Centre on the Study of Freedom and Global Orders in the Ancient and Modern Worlds. For more information: https://www.mcgill.ca/lin-centre/research-group-global-justice
- Associate Director, Institute for the Study of International Development (start September 1, 2016). For more information: https://www.mcgill.ca/isid/institute-study-international-development
- Justice and Reconciliation in World Politics (Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 31 October 2017).
- “Cosmopolitan Justice, Democracy and World Government,” Institutional Cosmopolitanism, Luis Cabrera ed. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming 2017), Chapter 10.
- “Reconciliation and Reparations,” The Oxford Handbook of Ethics of War, Helen Frowe and Seth Lazar eds. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015), Chapter 29, on-line DOI: 10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199943418.013.17
¨Tragedies and International Relations,” in Tragedy and International Relations, Toni Erskine and Richard Ned Lebow eds. (Houndmills, Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012), 158-171.
- “World Government”, The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Fall 2012 Edition), Edward N. Zalta (ed.), http://plato.stanford.edu/archives/fall2012/entries/world-government/
- “Colonialism as Structural Injustice: Historical Responsibility and Contemporary Redress,” The Journal of Political Philosophy 19, 3 (September 2011) 261-281.
- +Reprinted in Political Theory Without Borders, Robert E. Goodin and James S. Fishkin, eds. (Oxford: Wiley Blackwell, 2015), 237-259.
- “The Politics of Legal Accountability and Genocide Prevention,” in Confronting Genocide (Ius Gentium book series: Comparative Perspectives on Law and Justice, Volume 7), René Provost and Payam Akhavan eds. (Dordrecht/New York: Springer Verlag, 2011), 295-303.
- Just and Unjust Interventions in World Politics: Public and Private (Houndmills, Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave Macmillan,  paperback with new Afterword, February 2011).
- “Political Friendship Among Peoples,” Journal of International Political Theory 5, 1 (Spring 2009) 41-58.