Requirements for the M.Sc. Degree
Candidates must complete a 45-credit course and research program established by their advisory committee. The program will consist of:
- Two 3-credit graduate level courses
- MSc Thesis I PLNT 664;
- MSc Thesis II PLNT 665;
- MSc Thesis III PLNT PLNT 666;
- Attendance at PLNT 665, PLNT 666 and at invitational seminar (PLNT 690);
- Additional courses may be required at the discretion of the candidate's supervisory committee. Plant Science research programs normally require two years for completion.
Requirements for the Ph.D. Degree
Students will follow the program of study established by their advisory committee. This program will consist of:
- PhD comprehensive examination PLNT 701, which must be taken within 1 year of registering;
- Attendance at all thesis progress and program reports (PLNT 665, PLNT 666) and at invitational seminar (PLNT 690).
- Students who have taken their MSc degree at McGill University will be required to spend one term in study at another research institution.
Some important documents for graduate students
Casper_W_Owen_application_form.pdf [.pdf] application form
For more graduate program information contact:
carolyn [dot] bowes [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Carolyn Bowes)
Graduate Program Coordinator
Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, MS2-074
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
McGill University Macdonald Campus
21,111 Lakeshore Road
Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC H9X 3V9