Thanks to a wireless network that extends out onto the campus, Julien Villeneuve, Philosophy PhD, is able to connect to the Internet and work outside on a beautiful summer day.
Commissioned in 1880 by that notable benefactor of McGill, Peter Redpath, the Redpath Museum enjoys the distinction of having been one of the first Canadian buildings singled out for praise in the international architecture literature. Its stairs are currently being redone to return them to their original elegance.
Adija Mugabo, Faculty of Arts 3rd year, is enrolled in a summer course in Philosophy.
Samuli Heilala, Computer Science 2nd year, an international student from Finland, in one of the Computer Classrooms established with general support from the Krieble Foundation in honour of Vernon K. Krieble, MSc'09, PhD(Chemistry)'13.
With its downtown Montreal location, the McGill campus often plays host to hundreds of children from day camps, who come to enjoy the grounds and the shade of the trees.
The McIntyre Medical Building, constructed in 1965, houses the Osler Library of the History of Medicine, designed by Percy Erskine Nobbs in 1921 as an addition to the Strathcona Medical Building. The Library was moved and reinstalled in McIntyre so that it would be easily accessible to the Faculty of Medicine.
The Genomics and Proteomics Centre (foreground) and the Lorne M. Trottier Building (background).
Flowered path leading to Molson Hall, the West Wing of the Arts Building.
Ingrid Birker, Curator of Invertebrate Paleontology at the Redpath Museum, welcomes a group of children. The Museum is a popular destination for Montrealers and tourists visiting the city.
Flower garden in front of the McConnell Engineering Building.