Mission and Objectives
To be an international leader in pathology education and research while providing the highest quality of diagnostic service.
- Model optimal pathology practice to provide timely and highest quality diagnostic consultation service to our patients.
- Innovative teaching to prepare future leaders in pathology and in medical science.
- Produce high impact research to expand our basic understanding of human health and disease.
- People: Team work, collegiality, trust, respect, and caring.
- Performance: Integrity, self-discipline, dedication, and excellence.
- Leadership: Transparency, fairness, accountability, and innovation.
- Establish a robust QA system for all 3 hospitals, leading to accreditation by the College of American Pathologists.
- The department will have 5 leading clinical subspecialty areas recognized at the national or international level.
- The department will have 5 leading research programs that will be recognized at national or international level.
- Maintain and enhance the department’s national and international status as one of the best places to provide pathology education.
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. -- Steve Jobs