Mission Statement and Values
The mission statement of the OSD is to facilitate and support the inclusion of diverse learners.
The core values adopted by the OSD are those of Student Services as a whole:
- Student Centeredness
- Accountability via Measurable Goals
Within its wider mandate, the OSD strives to:
- Facilitate wider access to learning.
- Promote Universal Design as the model selected to achieve appropriate access for all learners.
- Support students who feel access remains an issue for them.
The OSD has recently selected its objectives for the 2013/14 academic year. These are to:
- Attract a wider user base.
- Implement Universal Design in all OSD procedures.
- Review the role of its staff in order to facilitate campus wide UD implementation.
- Position the OSD in a continuum of services.