Our goal is to better understand the basic mechanism of germ cell and embryonic development. Specific areas of interest include:
- oocyte growth and meiotic maturation,
- spermatogenic stem cells,
- maternal-fetal communication during implantation,
- genomic imprinting in gametes and early embryos,
- chromosomal abnormalities and foetal loss.
Our faculty are also active in the undergraduate and graduate teaching programmes of McGill University and contribute to training residents and fellows. This division is based at one McGill teaching hospital site:
- McGill University Health Centre - Royal Victoria Hospital