Enrolment of undergraduate students in 600-level courses
An undergraduate student will be permitted to take 600-level courses subject to the following conditions:
- The student has a minimum CGPA of 3.3.
- The student is in U3 or higher.
- The professor of the course and the program adviser or the director of the undergraduate program provide written approval supporting the request.
- A maximum of six credits of 600-level courses are allowed towards the degree.
- The actual course number appears on the transcript.
- The course evaluation methods and grading standards are the same for all students, whether graduate or undergraduate.
- The regulations and practices of the Faculty of Arts are also applied to such a course.
Procedures to be followed by the student:
- Complete the 600_700_level_courses_faculty_of_arts_oasis_may_2013.pdf form, preferably well in advance of the start of classes. (You can also pick up this form at the Arts OASIS counter, Dawson Hall Building, Room 110).
- Get approval on the form, or on a separate note, from the professor of the course and from the adviser or the director of the undergraduate program.
- Submit the form with the approval to the Assistant to the Associate Dean of Arts (Dawson Hall, Room 110) before the end of the course Drop/Add period. DO NOT LEAVE REQUESTS TO THE LAST DAY.
- If the conditions and procedures are met, the request will be approved and the Assistant to the Associate Dean of Arts will issue a permit-override. It is the student's responsibility to register for the course on MINERVA before the end of the course Drop/Add period.
It is the responsibility of the student to start the procedures well in advance of the term and to undertake the various steps along the way to final approval so that the documents can be completed before the end of Drop/Add. Late requests are likely to be refused, but if they are approved, the student will be subject to the Late Add Fee.
Exceptional cases (CGPA below 3.3, not in U3, late requests, Visiting, Special or Exchange students):
Students in this category must also submit a letter detailing the reasons why approval should be granted even though the conditions have not been met. Such requests may be refused. The procedures for such requests are the same as those stated above.