EXPLORE PROGRAM, summer term only
✔ What is this? - The “Explore” Program is a government-funded, intensive and a fun way to learn French during the summer term at another Canadian institution.
✔ Important - Not all courses offered through this program are for credit. It is important to read the Explore website to ensure that the host university you select grants university-level credits for their courses.
✔ Eligibility - At the time of application you must have a minimum CGPA of 2.00
✔ Application Procedure
- Two-tier application process: Apply to Explore then to Arts OASIS.
- submit the EXPLORE application - as per instructions on their website
- Complete the Arts OASIS explore_program_application__form.pdf then submit the completed form to the Arts OASIS Office. Processing time is normally 7 working days.
✔ Application Periods & Deadlines
- Explore deadline is February 28, 2014
- Arts OASIS application period is February 1 to July 1, 2014
✔ Pre and Post French Language Tests
- To be granted transfer credits, you must take pre- and post-French language tests.
- Refer to the French Language Centre for details.
✔ Official Transcript
- Order an official transcript and have it sent directly to McGill University immediately after completing your studies at the following address:
Management of Academic Records
3415 McTavish Street
Canada, H3A 0C8
ATT: Arts Study Away
Transcripts must be received at McGill by August 1.
- HOLD ON YOUR McGILL RECORD: If your official transcript is not received by the deadline a Registrar’s Hold will be placed on your record. This hold will prevent you from registering or ordering official transcripts on Minerva.