Please note: The Environmental Assessment Program is not offered currently.
M.Sc. Non-Thesis Option in Environmental Assessment (Renewable Resources)
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, with an equivalent cumulative grade point average of 3.0/4.0 (second class-upper division) or 3.2/4.0 during the last two years of full-time university study. High grades are expected in courses considered by the academic unit to be preparatory to the graduate program.
Applicants should also have at least four years of professional experience in environmental assessment, environmental management or another relevant sustainable development field.
Application Procedures for Environmental Assessment Option:
Applications will be considered upon receipt of:
- A completed on-line application form and $100 application fee
- Two official copies of all university level transcripts with proof of degree(s) granted. Transcripts written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation. An explanation of the grading system used by the applicant's university is essential. If transcripts contain course numbers only, please submit a list of the titles of courses taken in the major subject.
- Two letters of recommendation on letterhead (official paper) of originating institution or bearing the university seal and with original signatures from two instructors familiar with the applicant's work, preferably in the applicant's area of specialization. If the degree was awarded more than five years ago, letters of recommendation can be written by employers rather than professors.
- A curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent outlining the applicant’s reasons for wishing to pursue the program of study.
It is the applicant's responsibility to arrange for the following documents to be sent.
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Competency in English
- Non-Canadian applicants whose mother tongue is not English and who have not completed an undergraduate degree using the English language are required to submit documented proof of competency in oral and written English, by appropriate exams, e.g., TOEFL (minimum score 570 on the paper-based test, 230 on the computer-based test or 88 on the Internet-based test with each component score not less than 20) or IELTS (minimum 7 overall band). The MCHE is not considered equivalent. Results must be submitted as part of the application. The University code is 0935 (McGill University, Montreal); please use Department code 31(Graduate Schools), Biological Sciences- Agriculture, to ensure that your TOEFL reaches this office without delay.
Applicants for graduate studies in the Non-thesis Environmental Assessment option must forward supporting documents to:
Department of Natural Resource Sciences
(Environmental Assessment Office MS2-082)
21,111 Lakeshore Road
Telephone: (514) 398-7901
Fax: (514) 398-7990
To apply online click here