Explore the Library
From books and articles to computers and course packs, study space and group study rooms, the Library has everything you need to make your university career a success. McGill students have access to more than 6,600,000 volumes and 10,000,000 e-resources. We have 13 branches and specialized librarians to provide academic support and help you succeed.
- Getting Started: To borrow items from the Library you will need to have a valid ID card. As a McGill Undergrad you are entitled to: take out 80 books at time, unlimited renewals, regular books can be taken for up to 6 weeks, no fines on regular books and more.
- Search Faster - Navigate Smarter: The Library offers orientation workshops and tours to help you navigate the tools and databases available. Sign up for any one of these or make an appointment with your liaison librarian. Whether you want to write a paper, develop your research skills or cite an article, the Library can help.
- Can’t find it with Google? McGill Library is your central starting point for thousands of reliable authoritative research resources from around the world. These sources support your course content and assignments, and they’re always available online and for free. And if we don’t have it we can request it.
- Don’t want to go home? The Library has convenient study hours, individual and group study space, computer workstations, comfortable chairs and a coffee shop. Some libraries have 24-hour access during the academic year.
- Don’t want to leave home? The Library has plenty of online tools to help answer your questions - and you can use them whenever you want, anywhere, anytime.
- Computers, e-readers, laptops, and more: Whether you need a laptop, e-reader, computer, tablet, plug, pencil, spirit scanner, camera, printer, or audiovisual equipment, you can find it all at the Library.
- Textbooks: You can find all your textbooks, required readings, course packs and past exams at the Library or on our site.
- Mobile Site: Don’t forget to check out our mobile site too! You can see how many computers are available; renew books, get access to course reserves, and more.
- Need a break from studying? The Library has a wide selection of movies, TV shows and best-sellers to get you refreshed and relaxed to keep going.
- Ask a Librarian: In person, online or by email.
To find out more visit http://www.mcgill.ca/library.