From books to course reserves, computers to quiet study space, databases to group study rooms, the Library has everything you need to make your university career a success. As a McGill student, you have access to millions of books and e-resources at the McGill Library. Visit any of our branches and find your secret study spot. Be sure to speak with our specialized librarians. They support your academic work and make sure you have the research tools you need to succeed.
- Make the Library your first stop. McGill Library is your central starting point for thousands of reliable authoritative research resources from around the world. These sources support your course content and assignments, and they’re always available online and for free. And if we don’t have it we can get it for you.
- Getting Started: To borrow items from the Library you will need to have a valid ID card. As a McGill Undergrad you are entitled to: take out 80 books at time, unlimited renewals, regular books can be taken for up to 6 weeks, no fines on regular books and more.
- Search faster - navigate smarter: The Library offers workshops to help you navigate the tools and resources available. Sign up for any one of these or make an appointment with your liaison librarian. Whether you want to write a paper, develop your research skills or cite an article, the Library can help.
- Don’t want to go home? The Library has convenient study hours, individual and group study space, computer workstations, comfortable chairs and a coffee shop. Some libraries have 24-hour access during peak times of year.
- Don’t want to leave home? Digital content is everywhere, 24/7. No need to be on campus to access e-resources. All you need is wifi, your McGill email and password.
- Computers, scanners, A/V equipment, and more: Whether you need a computer, plug, pencil, Spirit scanner, camera, printer, or audiovisual equipment, you can find it all at the Library.
- Course readings & textbooks: You can find textbooks, required readings, course reserves and past exams at the Library or on our site.
- Need a break from studying? The Library has a wide selection of movies, TV shows and best-sellers to get you refreshed and relaxed to keep going.
- Ask a Librarian: Take the time to get to know our subject-specific research experts. Visit anytime during service hours, chat online or by email.
To find out more visit http://www.mcgill.ca/library/.