Web editors' resources
McGill Knowledge Base
The Index of Documentation for the McGill Web System features extensive instructions and guidelines for creating and managing Web content, including tips on:
- Style Guide for Content on the McGill Web System (Knowledge Base)
- Basic XHTML markup
- Adding slideshows, event/announcement boxes and other blocks
- Designing and organizing your site
- Do's and don't's
Web-101 is a central forum where Web editors from across the University can pick up pointers and get the latest on Web publishing at McGill. If you have a Web publishing question you'd like answered, please e-mail it to the site moderator.
Web-101 is maintained by the Web Communications team at Communications & External Relations.
- Elements of Style William Strunk & E.B. White, Macmillan and Company, 1959
- Letting Go of the Words by Janice Redish, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2007
- On Writing Well Zinsser, William K, Harper & Row, 1976