For Faculty and Staff
About McGill Media Relations
Who we are
An experienced and dedicated news team responsible for sharing McGill’s newsworthy activities and discoveries with a wider audience, including the media.
What We Do
- Promote McGill’s research, community outreach and newsworthy discoveries, events and people to the media and the general public;
- Manage McGill's main social media accounts;
- Provide media services to members of the community, including writing press releases, giving media training (including social media training), and providing advice about writing and placing op-eds;
- Manage McGill’s bank of photo images and respond to media photo requests;
- Respond to media inquiries and interview requests;
- Assist film and TV crews with their requests;
- Handle public relations for major announcements, news conferences and symposia;
- Share information with the media in emergencies and crisis situations.