Neuroscience researchers interested in supervising an undergraduate student research project should commit to the following:
- Assign a research project where reasonable progress can be expected by the end of the course.
Ensure the student is aware of:
- The ethical considerations in scientific research;
- The required safety procedures; and
- The relevant security measures.
- Directly monitor the student's progress through regular lab meetings.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the preparation of the Proposal Abstract, the Progress Abstract, and the Final Written Report.
- Grade the two Abstracts, the Final Written Report and the student's Laboratory Performance, and submit the final grade to the Course Coordinator.
- Inform the Course Coordinator if the student's performance is inadequate.