In collaboration with McGill University Open House 2017
If you're thinking of applying to a music program at McGill, come spend a day with us on October 29th, 2017! Join a masterclass, take a tour, and talk with students, faculty and staff.
Attend any activity. Come and go as please.
Sign up online for Open House 2017!
Sunday, October 29th
Start your day & sign in: Tanna Lobby, Elizabeth Wirth Music Building, 527 Sherbrooke St. West
Information Sessions & Booths
- 12:00pm–12:45pm: Undergraduate admissions information session (Tanna Schulich Hall)
- 12:00pm-12:45pm: Graduate admissions information session (A-832)
- All day: Undergraduate and Graduate admissions booth (Tanna Lobby)
- Every 30 minutes: General Schulich tours (meet in Tanna Lobby)
- 11:30am Sound Recording facilities tours, presented in French only (meet in Tanna Lobby)
- 1:30pm: Sound Recording facilities tours, presented in English only (meet in Tanna Lobby)
NB: Reservations are not required for the Jazz Improvisation masterclass. It is observation only.
If you would like to sing or play in a masterclass, reserve your spot here
- 10:00am-11:45am: Voice masterclass with Dominique Labelle and John Mac Master (Tanna Schulich Hall)
- 1:00pm–2:30pm: Piano masterclass with Ilya Poletaev (Tanna Schulich Hall)
- 2:00pm–3:30pm: Flute masterclass with Carolyn Christie and Albert Brouwer (Clara Hall, Strathcona Music Building)
- 2:30pm–4:00pm: Jazz Improvisation masterclass with Rémi Bolduc and Jean-Michel Pilc (C-304, Strathcona Music Building)
- 10:15am-11:45am: Saxophone Studio Performance: Quartet and Soloists (C-304, Strathcona Music Building). Mini lessons available for visiting students. Please contact mcleclair [at] quasar4.com (Marie-Chantal Leclair).
- 1:00pm-2:30pm: Brass Event (C-304)
- Mini performance by Mount Royal Brass Quintet (Richard Stoelzel, Russell DeVuyst, Trumpet; Catherine Turner, horn; Patrice Richer, trombone; Trevor Dix, tuba.)
- Polyvalente Sainte Thérèse brass ensemble coaching
- CEGEP Saint-Laurent brass ensemble coaching
- 2:00pm–4:00pm: McGill Sings! A Celebration of Choral Music. Five Choral Ensembles…Over 200 singers! (Pollack Hall)
- Jean-Sébastien Vallée, Artistic Director
- Cappella Antica; McGill Jazz Choir; Schulich Singers; McGill Concert Choir & McGill University Chorus
- Focusing on vibrant singing, innovative programming and exciting performances, the choral program opens new horizons for singers and audiences alike. Five ensembles, and a vast range of opportunities for singers of all levels.
Reserve your spot online for these workshops:
- 1:30pm–4:00pm: Composition Workshop (A832, 8th floor, Elizabeth Wirth Music Building)
You can visit us anytime throughout the year for a guided tour of our facilities.