The undergraduate web application for September 2014 will be available by mid-September 2013.
Please note that the Application deadline has been extended from January 15 to February 1.
- undergraduate application for admission
- submission of screening recordings in female voices and in all jazz instruments. See details here.
February 1 deadline:
- supporting documents (transcripts, letters of recommendation, recorded auditions, composition samples, etc.)
Entrance auditions are being held from March 1 to March 9, 2014.
If you have not applied by the deadline and plan to apply after January 15, 2014 please be aware that:
- we may not be able to provide you with an audition date where no free time exists.
- the auditions in your instrument may have already taken place (see Audition Schedules).
McGill students who have not graduated and wish to transfer into another Undergraduate Faculty (Inter Faculty) or change their program within their current Undergraduate Faculty (Intra Faculty) should apply on Minerva under the Student menu. See Inter/Intra faculty transfer and readmission for more information.
Music students applying for readmission after a period of absence, should contact the studentaffairs [dot] music [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Student Affairs Office).
NOTE: Students may NOT use the Minerva Inter-Faculty Transfer application to transfer to the following faculties: Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Graduate Studies and Continuing Education. Students wishing to apply to these faculties must complete the online admission application.
Minerva and choose the Applicant menu.
Quick Guide to Applying Online
Create and submit your application in about 20 minutes.
- Use the application web tool at Applying online.
- Choose between English and French.
- Create your own ID and PIN. (Retain the ID and PIN so that you may access your file again at a later date.)
- Enter your information in the various fields. The system prompts you to complete mandatory information before allowing you to continue to another section of the application form.
- Statement of Intent (reasons for applying to the Schulich School of Music): This is included in the web application. When applying you can type or copy and paste your statement into the provided area on the application. There is no set format. The statement can be between one paragraph and one page in length.
- If you choose not to submit your application right away, you can stop at any time (after selecting your program) -- it will still be saved by the system when you log out. The system allows you to create a new application, or to view and modify your existing application report, once you re-enter your ID and PIN.
- Submit the $100 application fee and the $61.56 audition fee via credit card (Visa/Mastercard/American Express).
- Submit! Your application will be processed by McGill. You may preview your application and print a copy before you pay the application fee (this will be the last time you can view your application information). You may also print a confirmation of your credit card payment for your records (no other receipt will be produced).
Please submit all the following supporting documents by February 1:
Music Evaluation Form
Please have an instructor/teacher fill out the music evaluation form - Music Evaluation Form
Form also available in French here. Note: the form must be filled out and submitted directly by the teacher/instructor in order to be official.
Applicants can upload Unofficial Transcripts, composition samples (if applying to Composition), and additional documents on Minerva (instructions)
Music Education Letter of Support
Applicants to Music Education are required to submit a letter from a teacher, etc. attesting to their potential as a music educator. The letter is to be emailed (undergraduateadmissions [dot] music [at] mcgill [dot] ca) directly by the referee to the Schulich School of Music.
Screening or Audition Material
Please see audition information for more information.
Proof of English Proficiency
Some applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency in English. Please review the following information.