Notices acknowledging receipt of applications are sent by e-mail (or regular mail when no e-mail address is provided). Your acknowledgement notice will provide you with your McGill ID number as well as a PIN that you can use to log on to the Minerva web site. At this web site, you will be able to check the status of your application and, as your supporting documents are received and recorded, you will be able to verify which documents (if any) are still missing.
Please note that during peak periods, there may be a delay between the receipt of a document and the date on which it is recorded in our information system.
The Applicant Menu on Minerva
Minerva's Applicant Menu houses several options that assist students in their application process. Follow these steps to access your applicant options:
- Click the Login to Minerva icon found on the sidebar.
- Log in using your McGill ID and PIN.
- Select the Applicant Menu.
Select one of the options that are available to you (and are dependant upon your current application status):
- Begin or Complete Application
- View Application Status
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts (instructions)
- View Student Housing Status
- Submit OUAC Reference Number (Ontario High School students can use this option to submit or view information pertaining to their OUAC reference number)
- Apply for a Major Scholarship
- View Entrance Academic Scholarship Status (For recipients of basic or major scholarship offers)
- If applying to music education, please have one letter of recommendation (Education Support Letter) emailed to undergraduateadmissions [dot] music [at] mcgill [dot] ca (undergraduate admissions).
- Please ask your teacher/professor to complete the online Music Evaluation Form; Formulaire d’évaluation
- If applying to female voice or any jazz instrument and requesting a live audition, submit screening material by January 15 through the Music Upload Page.
- If auditioning with recored material, submit video auditions by February 1 through the Music Upload Page.
- If applying to Composition, samples (PDF) must be uploaded through the Music Upload Page by February 1. Audio samples are not required, but applicants are welcome to submited them with their written scores.
Transcripts should show interim grades for the current year for courses in progress. Official trasncripts will be required if accepted to the Schulich School of Music.
Interim grades means one of the following:
|Terms per Year||Interim Grades|
|Two terms||First term|
|Three terms||First two terms|
|Four terms||First two terms|
|Two semesters||First term finals & second semester mid-terms|
|If you are in a combined high school / International Baccalaureate Diploma program, please arrange for your estimated IB results to be sent directly from your school to McGill.|
Update Your Mailing and Email Address
You always have the ability to change your email and postal addresses, no matter where you are in the application process or what status you have, by going to: Minerva > Personal Menu > Addresses and Phones.
Academic Entrance Scholarships range in value from the Basic Scholarship ($3,000 one-year awards) to the Major Scholarships ($3,000 to $10,000 renewable). These scholarships are awarded to first-time university students entering a full-time undergraduate degree program.
All eligible applicants are automatically considered for Academic Basic Scholarships. Separate applications are required for all Major Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded to first-time university students entering a full-time undergraduate degree program.
- Additional information on Academic Scholarships can be found at Entrance Awards.
- Application deadline for admission and Entrance Scholarship consideration: February 1
Entrance auditions will serve as scholarship auditions for Performance applicants. Non-performance applicants for scholarship consideration will be evaluated on their academic record.
Information on financial assistance or academic scholarships can be obtained from the McGill Scholarships and Student Aid Office.
View application status, verify document receipt, student housing status and more.