Madhav Govind Badami
Dr. Badami's research interests include environmental policy and planning, urban infrastructure, sustainable urban transport, alternate transport fuels, and environment and development.
He attempts to study issues in their multiple (technological, political-institutional, human behavioural and ethical) dimensions, in a manner that is policy-relevant and contextually grounded.
He is interested in the following approaches and issues:
- motivations underlying public policy and technology choice
- life cycle analysis
- decision making under data and policy-analytic constraints
- equity impacts of policies
- collaborative and multiple-criteria approaches for reconciling trade-offs and conflicts
- science-policy interactions
- institutional mechanisms for effective policy-making and implementation