florence [dot] paray [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Dr. Florence Paray)
Phone : 514 398-3590
- Sample preparation
- Light Optical Microscopy
- Quantitative metallography
- Image analysis
- Laboratory sessions for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Course projects
robert [dot] paquette [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Robert Paquette)
Phone : 514 398-5587
- Heat treatment.
- Hardness testing (Vickers, Knoop, Rockwell, Brinell, Microhardness).
- Mechanical testing (Charpy, tensile, three points, four points bending, etc.).
Philips PW 1710 Powder X-Ray Diffractometer
- Identification of constituents and crystalline structure of minerals, corrosion products and inorganic materials.
- Qualitative and semi-quantitative analysis of crystalline phases in a sample.
monique [dot] riendeau [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Monique Riendeau)
Phone : 514 398-2610
Bruker D8 Discovery X-Ray Diffractometer
- High-tech, non-destructive technique for analyzing a wide range of materials, including fluids, metals, minerals, polymers, catalysts, plastics, pharmaceuticals, thin-film coatings, ceramics, bio-materials and semiconductors.
- Use of radiation from a Co-tube for texture and residual stress investigations.
- Typical XRD diffraction analyses.
florence [dot] paray [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Dr Florence Paray)
Phone : 514 398 3590