Co-op Student’s Responsibilities
It is expected that Mining and Materials Engineering Co-op students will:
- provide accurate and appropriate information on their qualifications and interests when applying for positions.
- notify the Engineering Career Centre office/Co-op Office well in advance if interviews must be rescheduled or cancelled.
- notify the institution of acceptance or rejection of an offer within the time allotted.
- honour the acceptance of the offer, since it is a contractual agreement with both the employer and the institution.
On the job the student will:
- be responsible and accountable.
- respect safety and the environment.
- demonstrate ethical and professional judgment.
- be punctual, resourceful, adaptable and productive.
- recognize and respect the employer/employee relationship: communicate progress and areas of concern with the employer first and then with the Co-op Office.
- represent McGill University to the best of his or her abilities.